It's almost Labor day, which means that the summer is drawing to a close. The summer of 2010 is without a doubt the most memorable summer of my young life.
Reasons why summer 2010 was memorable
1. I moved out of my mom's house, and have my own little quaint hovel that's mine and I love it as much as would a mansion.
2. School has been in the forefront of my life since LAST fall and I'm on the fast-track to graduation
3. I grew a backbone (finally) and voiced all my questions, comments, and opinions on people without worrying about if it hurt their feelings or not=) It was an enlightening experience and quite fun...
4. My personal life has taken a turn I never expected...and I've never been happier=)
5. I adopted a new saying and applied it to my life ' Things are almost perfect...and that's just the way I like it".
This simply means that I know I will never be able to achieve complete perfection, and I won't allow that to stop me from doing my very best to complete each task I'm given, and I'm okay with that. The days of me being this super control freak are over. I'm letting go of the reins and allowing God to steer.
While this summer consisted of many ups and downs I still can appreciate everything that happened because without those experiences, I wouldn't have been able to make the decisions that were necessary to make and live my life according to me. So here's to all the unforgettable memories of summer 2010, and here's to hoping that the remainder of the year provides me with some of the same.